Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Landmark

OK, so this is the idea that I have been pondering. Some sort of architectural thingie. Some sense of structure, but in the abstract. This is small. It measures about 5.5" x6" and I think it is supposed to be part of a larger, though not too large, piece.



I scanned it and opened it in Photoshop to fool around with. Here it is on a larger background. I think it is overwhelmed by the background.


Here's another version. Smaller background—same basic shapes as the other one. Darker colors. I think I like this better. I'm still thinking.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you...in the first one the scale is off and the black border in the second one works to keep the eye contained on the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I like this. ou are right - the first is woo overwhelming. It still has your signature on it - you are not veering to far from the Terry brand!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:57 AM

    Terry,
    I like the piece as it is without a background. When I first looked at it I thought it was finished. The uneven edges accentuate the architectural feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what you do it reminds me of the Sydney Opera House.

    ReplyDelete