Today we are enjoying the leftovers.
- Lots of yummy leftover food—if you ever need a caterer in Portland, Oregon, I can give you the name of a good one.
- Leftover kids—Our two nieces are spending a few days with us while their parents enjoy some time on the Oregon coast. We had fun shopping at Claire's Boutique, Bath and Body Works and the Junky Art Supply Store today. Tomorrow we're making Fimo beads. (I'm always hoping to be remembered as the cool aunt.)
- Leftover balloons—They're floating around the patio. Every once in awhile one bursts with a nerve-shattering BANG!
- Leftover favors—Emily and Cayo brought wonderful little figures of Ecuadorean Indigenous people and we almost forgot to give them to the guests. We missed a few of those who left first. (Sorry, Carla—I'll send you one)
- Leftover memories of a beautiful day and wonderful people.
Sometimes the leftovers are almost as good as the party.